[This post was originally published at FitAfterFifty.com]
Who can resist these fabulous summer evenings cycling or playing on the lake, only to have to come home and spend time cooking and getting dinner ready?
We know you don’t want to scrap your commitment to healthy dinner ideas that support your fitness goals, so here are five ideas that take very little prep time and you can even do most of them ahead of time.
- No stir Risotto with Scallops provides great protein and added power greens. You likely already have most of these ingredients on hand and bonus is you can serve this hot or chilled as a grain salad.
- These Fish tacos with Summer Salsa will quickly become one of your favorite go-to meals all year ‘round! Great protein and Omega 3’s, zucchini from the garden, and all important avocados and you are right on track to a healthy dinner in only 30 minutes.
- The Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is packed with power foods and serves chilled for those hot summer evenings. Make it the night before and the quinoa really absorbs the flavors, as well as keeps you out of the kitchen when you come home to a cool, ready-to-eat meal.
- Try this Avocado-Buttermilk Soup with Crab prepared in your blender and stay cool all summer long! The lemon juice and fresh grated orange rind give it a refreshing citrus addition.
- This Turkey Salad With Tomato and Avocado will put your garden tomatoes to good use and guarantee no cooking time as you use sliced deli turkey or other sliced meats. The arugula and avocado provide important greens for the week.
Since most of these are either no-cook or can be prepped ahead of time and chilled, you can easily spend that extra time enjoying summer and you still get to eat healthy and light.
Featured photo source: ReadySetEat.com